Success in any dentistry procedure is primarily dependent on the expertise of the operating dentist and the quality and technology standards of the dental practice. Therefore, a patient should choose the right general or cosmetic dentist for their needs in order to achieve the best possible outcomes from their dental procedure.
Studio Dentistry is a state of the art dental office led by Dr. Rob Strain, an experienced dentist providing a wide range of general, cosmetic and restorative dental procedures. Dr. Strain receives patients from Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, and surrounding communities.
Questions to Consider
Dentistry skills are bound to vary from one dentist to another, depending on their training, qualifications, and experience in various dental procedures. Prior to making a final decision about a procedure with a dentist, a patient should ask the following questions during the initial appointment:
- Are you a general or a cosmetic dentist, and what type of dental procedures do you usually perform?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in various dental procedures?
- If I require any specialized procedure along with my dental treatment, would you be able to refer to an appropriate dental specialist?
- What kind of dental techniques and technology are available at your dental office?
- Do you keep updated with the latest innovations and advancements in dental technology and incorporate in your practice?
- Do you have arrangements for oral sedation in case I feel anxious prior to the procedure?
- If I am not satisfied with the final outcome of the dental procedure, would you be able to perform a revision procedure?
- Do you have a policy for performing revision procedures?
- Is your practice equipped to deal with any emergencies that may arise during the treatment?
- Would you be available during all my appointments at your office for my dental treatment?
- Do you receive patients from Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, and nearby areas?
- Can I review some of the patient testimonials or talk to one of your staff members to learn more about your practice?
- Would you show me before and after photos related to my procedure so that I know what to expect from it?
- How much would be the estimated cost for my procedure?
- Will the cost include the charges for pre- and post-operative dental appointments, diagnostic tests, and other procedures?
- What is the payment policy of your dental practice, and would you explain the schedule of payments?
- Would your staff be able to guide or assist me with regard to my dental health insurance or financing of the procedure?
- Are there any precautions or changes in my diet or lifestyle or existing medications that may be necessary for this procedure?
- Are there any risks and complications associated with my dental treatment that I should be aware of?
An experienced dentist will usually address most of these questions on their own, and provide accurate and satisfactory answers to educate and reassure the patient, you, in every way. They have been asked these questions before and know why these questions are necessary. They understand what it is like to be sitting where you are.
If you would like to learn more about the dental procedures and treatments performed by cosmetic dentists Dr. Rob Strain, DDS and Dr. Laura Wittenauer, DDS please call us at 760.568.9494 or click here. Serving new patients in Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs, Palm Desert and surrounding areas.